Victim of fatal Catalina shooting identified
TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) – The victim of a fatal June 21 shooting in Catalina has been identified.
The 16-year-old victim who died two days after the shooting has been identified as James Sanchez.
Detectives are still investigating and asking for the public’s help in identifying five suspects.
Filming took place in the 3500 block of Silver Buckle Place.
The suspects are described as:
- The first suspect is seen without a mask, gray shirt and dark colored jeans with a longboard.
- The second suspect is wearing a long-sleeved shirt (possibly a flannel), jeans, white shoes and a black mask.
- The third suspect is wearing a black shirt, white pants, white basketball shoes, and a red shirt over his face.
- The fourth suspect is wearing black pants, a black sweater, light colored shoes and a white mask.
- The fifth suspect is wearing gray shorts, a black long-sleeved shirt, white shoes and a white mask.
Anyone with information should contact 911 or 88-CRIME. You can remain anonymous when contacting 88-CRIME. There is reward potential.
Bivian Contreras is a real-time editor for KGUN 9. Bivian graduated from the University of Arizona School of Journalism with a bachelor’s degree in journalism with a major in broadcast and is currently pursuing a degree in broadcast operational meteorology. Share your story ideas and important issues with Bivian via email [email protected] or by connecting to Facebook, instagramand Twitter.